To reserve your event date a 50% non-refundable deposit is due at the time of ordering. The remainder is due 7 days PRIOR to your event. If your order is a last minute order less than 7 days in advance, payment is due in full at time of ordering. I will send an invoice via email and you can pay with card through that invoice.
In the event that you choose to pick up and self transport your cake, Aurora Cakes and Confections is not liable for any damages that may occur once you have taken possession of the cake. You will be provided with a consent form at pickup that will need to be signed by you or your agent in order to pick up your order.
About self-transporting your cake:
· Please adhere to the agreed-upon pickup time.
· Plan your delivery time to coincide with the last hour before the event begins if possible.
· The best way to transport a custom cake is either in the back of a van or SUV or in the trunk of a car whose back seats fold down so the air can flow through. If none of those options are available, it is possible to transport a smaller sized cake in the foot well of a car, however this is a last resort due to the potential for sun exposure.
· Please prepare the back (of van or SUV) or trunk of your vehicle in advance of picking up the cake by clearing out any loose objects and vacuuming/shaking out any debris.
· On warm days, it is imperative that your vehicle have a working cooling unit (air conditioning). Please run it in advance of your pickup until the car’s interior is cool.
· Your cake may have been prepared with specialty support, as needed, to ensure the integrity of the cakes construction. However, careful transport is still required to ensure the cake arrives to the destination intact. Supports will not/can not protect against damage due to higher speed driving, turns, bumps or potholes, sudden braking or take off, etc. They are also meant to function while the cake is kept in optimal climate. Supports will not/cannot protect against damage due to exposure to high het or humidity that can result in slumping, melting, or displacement/damage of decorations.
· Pets inside of the car during a cake transport is strongly discouraged.
· Upon arrival at the event venue, be sure to set up the cake in a cool display area away from sunlight (and away from anywhere sunlight might move) without delay. Temperatures above 60* can result in damaging ambient room temperatures. Do not leave your cake in these conditions for long periods of time. If necessary hold the cake elsewhere and only bring out when it is time to display/serve.
Delivery fees are based on location. We deliver in the greater MatSu area from Talkeetna to Sutton and the Municipality of Anchorage from Peters Creek to Girdwood. Fees subject to change based on fluctuating fuel costs.
Outside the standard delivery area but still on the road system (Seward, Homer, etc?) Message to chat with me to discuss the possibilities of delivering to your area based on order needs.
At the time of delivery you will be required to sign a form stating your understanding and acceptance of the following guidelines:
Aurora Cake and Confections offers delivery and venue set up. In the event that Aurora Cakes and Confections is setting up your order at your venue, they reserve the right to request change of location set up in order to protect the integrity of your order. Once the order has been set up at the venue, you or your agent will be required to sign this form indicating acknowledging your order was delivered in satisfactory condition, to your desired specifications and without damage and from that point forth Aurora Cakes and Confections is no longer liable for damages to the order arising from heat or tampering, etc.
If you have chosen delivery but will be installing your order for display yourself, upon arrival at the event venue, be sure to set up the cake in a cool display area away from sunlight (and away from anywhere sunlight might move) without delay. Temperatures above 60* can result in damaging ambient room temperatures. Do not leave your cake in these conditions for long periods of time. If necessary, hold the cake elsewhere and only bring out when it is time to display/serve. Place your order where it will be safe from bumps or other tampering. At the time of delivery, you will be required to sign this form acknowledging your order was delivered in satisfactory condition, to your desired specifications and without damage.
I’m happy to provide setup at your venue!
Cost for setup is $25 per hour. When scheduling I will do my best based on your order to quote you for time needed for setup. This cost may change based on day-of circumstances. I will be sure to stay in communication with responsible parties before going over time, and if approved for extended setup time you will be billed for additional time.